Hands down my favorite Thanksgiving dessert is pumpkin pie. My husband is a little more of an apple pie person, but I love my pumpkin so we always have both at our table. The nice thing about pumpkin pie is that it doesn’t always have to be served the same way. You can have it [...]
Archive for the ‘Food’ Category
When it comes to Thanksgiving I’m a bit of a traditionalist, but only to a certain extent. I’m all about cooking up a traditional side with a modern twist by adding unexpected ingredients to give a whole new depth of flavor without veering too far off the taste spectrum. I’ve put together a great menu [...]
I always feel like Thanksgiving morning deserves some sort of special attention. Most years, the kids roll out of bed and I’ve been up cooking for hours. I toss a handful of cereal into their mouths and make them hold tight on eating until the dinner hour arrives. Not because I have a problem with [...]
The chimes usually start around 4 p.m. when an older man named Enrique who’s in his late 60′s comes strolling down my street. The sound of his chimes are the ringing signal that he is out in the street selling his amazing Mexican spiced corn on the cob. He’s not the only one who makes [...]
It gets so dry each winter, I wind up seeking relief for dry, itchy skin. After a facial last week, the esthetician advised I look around the kitchen for real ingredients to soothe my skin – and soon after I came across this creamy, all-natural face mask, made with mashed avocado! I often find myself [...]
A few years ago, one of our Family Kitchen writers posted an article about a “5-minute, super fast” dinner. The moment it went live, it went viral. Oddly enough, it wasn’t anything special at all. Just a recipe for a simple fried rice. It seems most families nowadays need a good stash of quick, healthy [...]
Autumn is the perfect time for soup. With the days getting cooler and the nights getting longer, tossing together a pot of homemade soup isn’t just comforting, it’s easy, giving you more time to finish all of your other to-do’s before the sun sets at four-o-freaking-clock in the afternoon. To really serve up the good [...]
I’ve been using ripe avocados more and more in my baking lately – as a matter of necessity as they go ripe in my fruit bowl before I have a chance to use them. Mashed overripe avocado blends well into all kinds of baked goods – think of it like adding a mashed banana – [...]
vegan Thanksgiving recipes Maybe you are planning an all-vegan feast, or perhaps you’d simply like to add a few delicious vegan dishes to your Thanksgiving table. Here are 15 Vegan Recipes for Thanksgiving to get you started. From creative recipes like pumpkin croquettes and cashew pumpkin spice cheese dip to classics like sweet potato ...
Feeding a family has never been easier than when you toss a few basic ingredients together and bake up a hot, comforting casserole. But all the traditional casserole recipes are so been-there-done-that. Rather than get stuck in a rut, try all of these 7 splendid new twists. Your family with thank you for shaking up [...]
- 3 hours ago - Coping with disaster stress: What you need to know
- 3 hours ago - May is Better Sleep Month: 8 ways to get baby to sleep
- 10 hours ago - Pajama Party! 16 Super-Sweet Sleepover Ideas
- 16 hours ago - Happy Memorial Day! Check Out 14 Hot Military Dads
- 16 hours ago - Behind the Scenes! iVillage’s Bring Your Kid to Work Day
- 18 hours ago - Spring Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 19 hours ago - 10 things I regret teaching the kids
- 19 hours ago - Online communities deliver sanity to moms
- 19 hours ago - ADHD in childhood linked to obesity
- 19 hours ago - How young is too young to run marathons?
Find us on Facebook
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser