Photo by: Working Mother Editor Pesto Chicken Sandwiches Serves 4 • Prep Time: 7 to 10 minutes • Cook Time: 10 to 16 minutesThe smoky flavor of grilled chicken is a perfect match for the powerful punch of basil pesto in this sandwich. Make It Your Own: Swap in Swiss or fresh mozzarella cheese for [...]
Archive for the ‘Food’ Category
Photo by: Working Mother Editor toddler meals Your little one is finally joining you at the adult table but won’t sit still for meals. Kim Laidlaw, author of the new cookbook Baby & Toddler on the Go, helps you settle him down so you can all enjoy dinner. Go for finger foods. Make mealtime fun [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Ellie Krieger Ever notice how some of your best recollections involve the sensory pleasures of food? It’s no different for kids, and you can actually get yours to eat more healthfully by creating positive memories around meals, says Food Network host Ellie Krieger, author of Small Changes, Big Results, ...
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Vanilla Blueberry Waffles Makes 10 waffles • Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus 5 minutes resting time for the batter • Cook Time: 3 to 4 minutesMy DIY All-Purpose Baking Mix (see below) means starting the day with hot, homemade waffles is easier than ever. Leftovers make for a quick breakfast on [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Hot Pocket Kids will crave this flavorful Grilled Cheesy Broccoli Pocket with Ham from Birds Eye.Serves 2 to 4 1 cup Steamfresh Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese ½ cup Braeburn or other sweet-tart apple, unpeeled, chopped small ½ cup (2 ounces) ...
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Kid Fave Mac & Cheese gets a healthy makeover with this recipe from Handstand Kids Cookbook Company.Serves 4 to 6 12 ounces whole wheat macaroni 3/4 cup low fat milk 2 1/2 cups of shredded low fat mozzarella cheese 2 cups chopped vegetables (broccoli, tomatoes or any other favorites) [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Bissingers Chocolate This chocolatier offers a wide selection of specialty chocolates that are completely created from natural ingredients from sustainable cocoa farms. These chocolates include premium ingredients and uphold the high standards and traditions of Bissingers: Each chocolate is handmade. Also, ...
Photo by: Tara Fisher Spicy Carrot, Tomato, Chorizo and Cilantro Soup Serves 6 to 8 • Prep Time: 20 minutes • Cook Time: 37 minutesSoups are always great to have on hand for weeknight suppers. Just take the container out of the freezer the night before, and it’ll be ready to heat and eat when [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Kathy Kaehler If the thought of offering fresh-cooked, healthy meals to your family on work nights is sweat inducing, you need a plan-ahead solution, says Kathy Kaehler, creator of the Sunday Set-Up online club (sundaysetup.com). Related Links: Food in a Flash: Freezable Recipes Dinner for Lunch From Desk to ...
Keep your cool. Hot foods should always be cooled completely before freezing to maintain the proper temperature in your freezer. Label it. Don’t waste time trying to decipher frozen meals. Write the name of the dish and include the date it was prepared, so you can make sure to use the older items first. Save [...]
- 6 hours ago - An Oklahoma Mom Shares Her Tornado Story: "The Park Is Gone"
- 11 hours ago - Watch: Mom & son reunited after Oklahoma tornado
- 11 hours ago - "MY kids will NEVER behave like that!"
- 11 hours ago - Do you mind nannies volunteering at school?
- 19 hours ago - 5 Ways That Kids Can Help Families in Oklahoma
- 19 hours ago - Be the Cool Mom: The Gifts They Really Want for Graduation
- 19 hours ago - Be the Mom That Throws the Best Sleepovers Ever
- 20 hours ago - Hot pins: 7 crave-worthy s’mores recipes
- 20 hours ago - How to throw a dinosaur birthday party (Hint: start with the cake!)
- 21 hours ago - 10 Tips for Traveling with Babies and Children
Find us on Facebook
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day