Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor calendar girl pink How to keep your kids’ minds on school when summer is in sight. Toe the line. They may be heading off to school in shorts and tees today, but that doesn’t mean summer arrives tomorrow. So be assertive about the fact that the usual morning routine [...]
Archive for the ‘Family Time’ Category
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor butterfly boy You practice the three eco-R’s year-round, but Earth Day is a reminder to up the ante. Danny Seo, green living expert and consultant for Ford’s new C-Max hybrid, offers fresh ideas for helping families learn to reduce their carbon footprint. Related Links: 10 Ways to ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor boy with violin Your kid campaigned to play a musical instrument—but now revolts against daily practice. These tips from Catherine Cho, violin professor at the Juilliard School of Music in New York City, will be music to your ears.Set the stage. Find a regular time and special spot to [...]
Image: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor SoundingBoard With this app designed for kids with fine motor challenges and difficulties, parents can create an infinite number of picture card sets (with image, audio or text) that their kids can tap on and have the app speak right back to them (free, itunes.com). Photo by: workingmother.com ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor parent teacher conference Parent-teacher conferences offer a special opportunity to both find out how your child is performing in school and build a strong relationship with her teachers. Those few minutes will set the stage for future conversations and action items that you, your child and ...
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Who’s on First? Your kid will have a great laugh reading this picture book based on the hilarious comedy sketch perfected by Abott and Costello. Follow along with Bear and Rabbit as they try to figure out who exactly is on first base in this classic baseball scene (8 and up, [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mom and dog Get everyone involved. Your family agrees that your precocious pup needs behavior training. But it won’t work without a united front. Make sure everyone’s in sync on the new rules (including no treats from the table) to correct your dog’s behavior—and sticks to them. ...
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor The Lion King Come along for a wild adventure with Simba, Timon and Pumba as they learn about the depth of friendship, family and accepting yourself for who you are. Your kids will love singing along to classic hits like “I Just Can’t Wait to be King” and “Hakuna Matata.” *Academy [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Something Beautiful by Sharon Wyeth This uplifting story follows a young girl on her journey to find beauty in her abrasive urban neighborhood. Wyeth crafts a strong and determined character who seeks to look past frightening events to find something “beautiful” after her teacher brings up the ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor dog & mom Winter’s closed windows, slushy boots and sweaty undershirts—plus the scent of dinners past—can yield a stinky house. Keep your inside air fresh and safe with these tips from Lisa Beres, author of Just GREEN It! Learn to Create a Healthy Home. Related Links: Chill ...
- 14 hours ago - Tips for making craft necklaces with kids
- 1 day ago - 9 picture books you never want your kid to read
- 1 day ago - How children make themselves
- 1 day ago - Mother saves baby after stroller rolls onto train tracks
- 2 days ago - Did anyone make up bedtime stories for you?
- 2 days ago - Tips for necklace making with kids
- 2 days ago - 16 Things You May Not Know Are Happening at Daycare
- 2 days ago - Work After Baby: How Giuliana Rancic and 26 More Moms Did It!
- 2 days ago - Beyonce Is Pregnant! 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 3 days ago - Breastfeeding sexualized by new billboard
Find us on Facebook
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).