Image: Photo by: Working Mother Editor Steam Train, Dream Train By Sherri Duskey Rinker. At night, when the dream train pulls into the station, animals help load up the train cars. From elephant to polar bear to kangaroo, each worker knows just what to do (ages 4 and up, $17). Photo by: Working Mother Editor [...]
Archive for the ‘Family Fun’ Category
by Lindsay Weiss posted in Life & Home I feel like we are forever attending barbecues where the host says, “Bring a side dish!” It makes sense really, if they’re kind enough to provide the main course, the least we can do is bring something to eat with it. But the request never fails to [...]
by Houzz posted in Life & Home Here’s another fun post from our friends at Houzz! By Martine Resnick When you think of French style, the relaxed look of French country often springs to mind: soft, romantic, comfortable and inviting. The look has bohemian undertones; the furniture tends to be antique or reflect older styles. It is ...
by Lindsay Weiss posted in Life & Home I love doctoring up a brownie mix for a last minute treat. I made these for our first full day of summer break and my houseful of kids DEVOURED them before they were even cool. Ooey-gooey, chocolate carmelicious goodness — these could absolutely pass for homemade. I [...]
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home Did you know that National Donut Day is coming up on June 7, this Friday? Who doesn’t want to celebrate donuts? Here’s a fun way to celebrate the big day. Print off these donut party printables, and with wood skewers and a little washi tape, you can [...]
Photo by: Working Mother Editor Super Sound System He won’t miss a beat with The Crasher Portable Bluetooth Speaker by JLab. With its hi-fi digital amp and Bluetooth capabilities, this speaker lets him stream music without compromising sound quality. It also has a built-in mic and speakerphone so he can juggle conference calls and U2 [...]
by Molly Balint posted in Life & Home A baby shower is definitely at the top of my list for favorite parties to host and plan. I love sharing in the excitement of a new baby’s arrival and “showering” the mom-to-be with gifts, advice and a little pampering before her big day arrives. Whether you’re [...]
by Leah Speer posted in Life & Home Tested on my own children, these taste just like the Starbuck’s birthday cake pops! It has been my go-to recipe (see below) for almost every celebration I have been asked to bring something yummy to since my son’s police-themed birthday last November. They look intimidating to a [...]
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home I recently went to a glow in the dark dance party, that was such a blast! With Summer almost here and hot summer nights in our future, I would love to plan this sort of party for my kids and their neighborhood friends. Here’s a list of [...]
Photo by: Working Mother Editor Hot Headphones These Skullcandy Hesh Over-the-Ear Headphones offer powerful sound with an enhanced bass and a leatherette cushion to make it comfy on the ears. Your music-lover will be boppin’ to the beat while walking down the hallways of high school ($55, target.com). Photo by: Working Mother ...
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?