I had such good intentions for my maternity leave.
You know those movie theaters that have special showings for you and your baby? So, your baby can scream all he wants and no one will care? Yeah. I meant to go to one of those.
And, those baby swim classes? The kind where your baby does his impression of a Nirvana album cover? Yeah. I meant to do those.
Oh! And, those boot camp workouts for new moms that meet in the park? I meant to go and lose all my baby weight. Yeah. Never went. The love handles are still there.
It’s not entirely my fault. I was restricted by some pretty major events in my toddler’s life. Raising a disabled child, alongside a baby, means things like baby yoga get pushed aside for essential, real therapies like physio. Not to mention, hospital appointments and mysterious teething pain that lasts for weeks and her first weeks at a special needs school and on and on and on.
The idea that maternity leave can be boring is completely lost on me.
Also, I may not have done everything, but I was perfectly happy. On the rare days that I was alone with my baby, we relished in the deliciousness of our new mom and baby love. And, here is what we did! My top 5 maternity leave favorites:
1. Pretend I’m not home. The doorbell rang; the phone rang. But, I continued to lay in bed with my baby reading him baby books.
2. Take long baths with my baby and let him splash as much as he wants.
3. Stop and smell the flowers, literally. What a lovely things flowers are to introduce to a baby!
4. Meet up with friends for coffee or lunch and laugh way too loud for British sensibilities.
5. Shove a ridiculous amount of photos of my baby in everyone’s face. (See my previous BabyCenter posts! Or, email me. I’ll send you some! I know my little guy is the cutest baby ever. I even wrote a post on it!)
In one week, my maternity leave comes to a glorious end. (sob) But – hey – it’s not over yet! I still have one week left! Any suggestions on what I should do in my last week?
Don’t let your maternity leave end before you try…
You can read more from Stacie at Mama Lewis and the Amazing Adventures of the Half-Brained Baby.
Read more from source:“babycenter-com-baby”
dont let your maternity leave end before you
And here is for the eye:Images from around the web about dont let your maternity leave end before you, hope you like them. Keywords: don't let me down, don't let me go, don't let me fall, don't let me down lyrics, don't let go, don't let me get me, dont let me down chords, don't let me be misunderstood, don't let it bring you down, don't let me down tab, dont let your maternity leave end before you .