Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday this year which means it’s the perfect opportunity to get your entire family in the kitchen. Work as a team to prepare these easy yet scrumptious mexican inspired recipes and watch the food disappear!
Tostada Salad (Serves 4)
8 Tostada Shells
1/2 Cup Guacamole
2 Cups Lettuce, chopped
2 Cups Cooked Chicken, finely chopped
1 Cup Black Beans
2 Small Tomatoes, diced
1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese or Mexican Cheese Blend
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1. Place one tostada on a plate.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of guacamole on the tostada.
3. Layer lettuce, chicken, beans, tomatoes, and cheese on top of the guacamole.
4. Place another tostada on top and repeat layering. Top with a dollop of sour cream.
5. Continue with remaining tostadas and ingredients and serve.
Fish Tacos (Serves 4)
1 Lb Fish (use a flaky white fish such as tilapia, halibut, or snapper)
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lime
1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
Accompaniments: Guacamol-Wee, Sour Cream, Salsa and/or Lettuce
4-8 Corn Tortillas (depending on how full you make them)
1. Sprinkle the salt and cumin onto the fish.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large size pan over medium/high heat.
3. Cook the fish for 2-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and flaky.
4. Place the fish on a plate, flake with a fork into chucks and squeeze with lime juice and cilantro. Toss to coat.
5. Place 1/4 portion of the fish in each tortilla and top with
* If you want to serve the tacos warm, place the tortillas in a microwave between several pieces of moist paper towel for several seconds or wrap in foil and place in a 350 oven for several minutes.
Guacamole (Serves 4-6)
2 Tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 Tbsp Red Onion, finely diced
2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 a Lime
1/4 Tsp Salt
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
2. Scoop the flesh out and using a wooden spoon or fork and mash the avocado. Allow a few small chunks to remain, you don’t want to puree it.
3. Fold in the remaining ingredients until completely incorporated.
And just in case you’re not exactly sure how to open, slice and pit avocado’s for the guacamole, here’s a few tips and tricks!
Read more from source:“babycenter”
3 easy recipes for cinco de mayo
And here is for the eye:Images from around the web about 3 easy recipes for cinco de mayo, hope you like them. Keywords: 3 easy steps to parallel parking, 3 easy steps to lose weight, 3 easy hairstyles, 3 easy questions pandora's box, 3 easy tips for quitting smoking, 3 easy way to die, 3 easy payments, 3 easy steps, 3 easy updos, 3 easy ride, 3 easy recipes for cinco de mayo .