Even though our family doesn’t eat much red meat, somehow I’ve got a little carnivore on my hands. Scary as it sounds, Chloe could probably down a pound of beef in one sitting. Well, let’s just say she could put away a lot of meat for any adult let alone a 3-year old.
The last time my in-laws came over for dinner they brought along some huge, gorgeous grass fed steaks for us to grill. I love to make a lot of different dishes when they come over and although our table was also spread with tons of grilled vegetables, salad, salmon and potatoes, all Chloe kept yelling throughout the whole meal was, “more steak”!
SInce I have this little girl who obviously just loves herself some red meat, I’m trying to base more recipes on it. This one pairs two of Chloe’s favorites, broccoli and beef. It’s a great last minute weeknight meal because chances are you already have most of the ingredients in your pantry and there’s next to no preparation. Just marinade the beef anywhere from 20 minutes to overnight and then 10 minutes or so before you’re ready to eat, grab your wok and you can have this delectable, Chloe-approved meal on the table.
Broccoli & Beef Stir Fry (Serves 4)
1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil (I like to use Toasted)
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped or grated
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger, finely chopped or grated
1 Tsp Cornstarch
1 Tsp Water
1 Pound Boneless Sirloin, Tri Tip, Flank or Skirt Steak – Sliced into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
1 Package (14 oz) frozen or fresh Broccoli Florets
3 Tsp Vegetable Oil
1. Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic and ginger.
2. Place the beef in a Ziploc bag (or glass bowl), pouring in half of the sauce mixture to coat the beef. Marinate for either 20 minutes on the counter or covered overnight in the fridge.
3. Whisk the cornstarch and water together and add to the remaining sauce mixture.
4. Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat, add 2 teaspoons oil and add the beef. Cook for 4 minutes and remove beef to a clean bowl.
5. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan and cook the broccoli for 2 minutes.
6. Add the beef back into the pan. Make a well in the center and pour in the sauce. Cook until the sauce is thick and everything is heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Serve over brown rice.
Read more from source:“babycenter”
quick beef and broccoli stir fry
And here is for the eye:Images from around the web about quick beef and broccoli stir fry, hope you like them. Keywords: quick beef stew, quick beef recipes, quick beef stroganoff, quick beef tips recipe, quick beef marinade, quick beef dinner recipes, quick beef gravy, quick beef stir fry, quick beef and noodles, quick beef brisket recipe, quick beef and broccoli stir fry .